environment Vegan News

Pregnant Elephant Who Died Due To Someone Stuffing A Pineapple With Fireworks

Artists Pay Tribute To The Pregnant Elephant Who Died Due To Someone Stuffing A Pineapple With Fireworks
Vegnum team
Written by Vegnum team

The incident came to the public’s attention when forest officer Mohan Krishnan, a part of the team who attempted to rescue the animal, shared the story on Facebook.

On May 27, a pregnant elephant died in Kerala, India, of excruciating pain after it bit into a pineapple full of firecrackers. The explosives went off in her mouth, damaging her jaw grievously. A spokesperson from the Kerala Forest Department told Sky News that farmers are known to place fireworks inside food and plant it on the sides of their fields to stay away wild animals.

The incident came to the public’s attention when forest officer Mohan Krishnan, a part of the team who attempted to rescue the animal, shared the story on Facebook. “She trusted everyone. When the pineapple she ate exploded, she must are shocked not thinking about herself, but about the child she was getting to give birth to in 18 to twenty months,” Mr. Krishnan said.

click next for more photos

About the author

Vegnum team

Vegnum team

Vegnum is Group of compassionate vegans who are proud to share with you all vegan stuff and entertain the vegan community.

Leave a Comment